Friday, October 28, 2011

Could you please pass me the mindlessness?

I love it how even the worst students, those who really need to be studying every single spare second, are sitting here with supposedly nothing to do as we wait for others to finish the composition. 


I pointedly said “Perhaps you could work some more on the reading if you finish your essay,” since over half the class was having trouble with the comprehension questions and at least a third I am positive did not read it at all.

And yet... 75% of those who finished early are still just staring into space with all their books closed. 



Another piece of me is troubled by how they don't even seem to have anything of their own that might interest them to do? I think we're truly entering the Stepford Student age or they've all been replaced by androids...? Oh but I forgot of course that the thing which eats up the vast majority of their free time, their TELEPHONES, aren't allowed to come out in my class. Still, not even a book or anything?


I'm more glad every day that I was born when I was and actually have rounded interests, many of which are not at all dependent on technology...


Sigh.

No comments: