Friday, May 06, 2011

yeah, I wish I had internet, too

Student missed his exam.

Emails me before the next exam period asking what room we were to be in and to email him if I could please.

I wrote him back to let him know he had missed it but that he could take it with my other level in the next exam period if he wanted to - gave him the room number, etc. (See I'm not a total monster!)

Almost an hour later I have an email back: "Oh too bad. I wish I had a way to see internet on campus. I would have seen that message somehow before coming all the way back home. What can I do?"

Firstly, why did he ask for me to verify the room number if he supposedly wasn't going to be able to see it until he got home? (I answered that email within 2 minutes of its arrival in my inbox.) Nevermind that he ALWAYS has his Blackberry in class so, um, not being able to see emails? ha!

Secondly, what you can do is race your little behind back to campus b/c this is the last fricking day of exams and after this you are S. O. Fucking L.

I'm not sure what chance he has of passing anyway; he never did any homework and doesn't have a great average on quizzes and tests...

No comments: