Thursday, April 21, 2011

My favorite thing in the whole wide world

This from someone who missed the oral today and for some reason I decided to be nice and let her make it up...

Figuring out times with a student via numerous emails, my favorite thing in the whole wide world.

Me: We need to do it today before 3h30 or tomorrow before noon or after 2h30. Let me know what time you're coming by; I'll be here til 5 or 5h30 tomorrow if tomorrow afternoon is the only time. 
Her: OK I’ll see you at 3h30 today.
Me:  I have to leave at 3h30 today. 
Her: Oh, OK, then I’ll come right before class tomorrow.
(i.e. 12h10 or 12h15, which was NOT one of the original options – I HATE having crap like that scheduled right before class because invariably they are late or something goes wrong or whatever, which is why I said “before noon”!!) 
Me:  It has to be before noon if you want to do it before then, not right before class. Alternatively we could do it right AFTER your class.

Still waiting to hear the next communication from the Brain Trust.

No comments: